About Me

My photo
oh to grace how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

one year

Today is our one year anniversary! In faith, Mitch asked me if I would begin a courtship with him on April 2, 2008.. and here we are! Still together and happy and, Lord willing, we will stay this way. I am so grateful for my relationship with Mitch, it's hard to communicate it in words, but I'm gonna try.
I'm not saying it's been perfect and fairy tale-ish (although sometimes it feels that way) but it has been rewarding and a huge huge blessing. Yes, we've had arguments and disagreements, and yes, we sometimes get irritated with each other, but God is faithful to redeem those times to show us something about Him and to show us where we can strengthen our relationship. Through the conflicts we've learned how to primarily, honor God and how to work things out and better communicate. There have been some tough decisions, but Mitch has led me through those times, and I've had to support him and not voice my opinion on where I disagree. Yes, I can make suggestions, but once said, I don't need to keep stating them to prove my point. God has been showing me how to follow and support Mitch, and He's provided grace for both of us through this learning process.

Mitch is sensitive to my needs but doesn't allow me to sin by being subjective. He gently takes care of me while turning my emotions to the objective by pointing me to God. Mitch shows me that he cares for me through his words and his actions, which proves that what he is saying is true. I know that Mitch would sacrifice all things and do anything for me. I'm so grateful for him! He writes me letters, brings me flowers (sometimes they are homemade), and he even bought gatorade for me when I was sick. He plans meaningful dates where we have fun and get to spend time together. He thinks of the little things that mean the most to me and makes those things a priority. I see him reading his Bible and I know that he is seeking the Lord's will for our relationship. He has spent a great deal of time getting to know my family and forming a relationship with my dad. And there are many, many, many, many other things I could say, but I think you get the idea ;)


I am so thankful to the Lord that He has granted us a wonderful year of courting and I pray He will continue to bless our relationship in whatever comes.

2 comments:

Hctim said...

Thanks Allie! That was very kind! I can't wait to see you tonight. I'm sorry that I have to work so late on our anniversary. I'll try to make it up tonight and tomorrow. =) Still...

Nick (gmail) said...

awww