About Me

My photo
oh to grace how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be.

Monday, May 18, 2009

to do: graduate from college... check!

As of yesterday at 11pm, I officially finished school.. forever (as far as I know). If it turns out that I need to go back and get a bachelor's degree, I will.. I just want to make sure that I really need it because it is a lot of time and money to waste if it's not necessary. All my life I've felt called to be a godly wife and mother. And that is the career path I've chosen so far. If the Lord changes the direction of my life and it turns out I need to go back to school, I will.
I have an Associates Degree in General Studies with an Art Concentration. I started college Fall 2007 at Towson University pursuing a Business Administration major, then a Linguistics major (Spanish concentration). After two semesters, I transferred to Harford Community College where I was a photography major, and then switched to General Studies with an Art Concentration. After two semesters at HCC, I'm graduating as the first person in my family to ever graduate from college :) And I got my Associate's degree exactly two years after graduating high school (yes I know, I'm still a child.. I've only been out of high school for 2 years.. lol).
I'm pretty excited about finishing school and moving into a new season of life. I will no longer call myself a student, and this seems odd, as it has been my title for probably 16 years.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Allie, congrats! That's so exciting.

Thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog. I will be at NEXT and, Lord willing, I'll see you there. :)