About Me

My photo
oh to grace how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

no fear in death..

My great grandmother is 100 years old. She lives in a Retirement home/assisted living apartment in Gaithersburg. She didn't come down for dinner yesterday, so a nurse went to check on her and found her very drowsy and unable to talk or stand up. They called an ambulance and eventually discovered she had had a massive stroke and was experiencing significant bleeding in her brain. Her bp was 220 over 150, and the doctor gave her less than 24 hours to live. When my mom and grandmom got to the hospital she was asleep and said it was very unlikely she would ever wake up. She passed away in her sleep around 10:30 last night.

Death is a very sobering thing to think about. But it should give us hope that we will one day be with the Lord. I'm happy my great grandma is with Jesus right now. And I am not afraid to die. I have confidence in my Savior, who died on the cross as a sacrifice to atone for my sins. He fully took on the wrath of the Father, and now I'm free to enjoy Him forever. There is no fear in death for me, just hope.


"“Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:54-57)

3 comments:

Nick (gmail) said...

Great post on the hope we have in Christ. So sorry your great-grandma passed way yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss :( I know you all loved her. But maybe this will also help kinda get you back to going to the Lord with everything and spending more time with Him.

jessica said...

praying for you allie, my grandpa is nearing death as well. :(